I found this delightful poem that sums up my year of No Comfort Weekly Challenges. It’s a reminder of WHY it’s good to get uncomfortable.
In setting this challenge for myself, I looked for things that took me down different roads (figuratively and literally),
- made me expose a bit more of myself,
- encouraged me to look at other points of views,
- pushed me to wear clothes that revealed the person underneath,
- helped me engage in new online connections,
- directed me to volunteer as an editor,
- led me to take an Adobe InDesign class,
- nudged me to leave a job,
- assisted me with finding a new one – and so much more.
I met others who took the challenge and followed their adventures as well. It was fun and best of all, it’s part of my psyche now.
Here is the poem – I did not write it but found it on the internet (where else?)
MY COMFORT ZONE
By Author Unknown
I used to have a comfort zone where I knew I wouldn’t fail.
The same four walls and busywork were really more like jail.
I longed so much to do the things I’d never done before,
But stayed inside my comfort zone and paced the same old floor.
I said it didn’t matter that I wasn’t doing much.
I said I didn’t care for things like commission checks and such.
I claimed to be so busy with the things inside the zone,
But deep inside I longed for something special of my own.
I couldn’t let my life go by just watching others win.
I held my breath; I stepped outside and let the change begin.
I took a step and with new strength I’d never felt before,
I kissed my comfort zone goodbye and closed and locked the door.
If you’re in a comfort zone, afraid to venture out,
Remember that all winners were at one time filled with doubt.
A step or two and words of praise can make your dreams come true.
Reach for your future with a smile; success is there for you!
Here’s to an exciting and fun filled New Year!
- No Comfort Zone Weekly Challenge-2012(margekatherine.com)
- No Comfort Zone Dec16, 2012 (quillfyre.wordpress.com)
- NoCZ Week Seven (crowingcrone.com)
Cranberries and Comfort Zones (yourhappinessblog.wordpress.com)
How to step out of your comfort zone (www.wikihow.com)
Getting out of my comfort zone (www.writersweekly.com)
- The Road Not Taken….. (dshenai.wordpress.com)