It’s cold here in Colorado. But it’s bearable because the sun is shining. It’s bearable because the sky is blue. It’s bearable because Thanksgiving is this week.
What is Thanksgiving about? I think it’s about friends checking in on each other. Families connecting. Cooking food. Making memories.
It’s not about shopping, hoarding, crowds, spending and traffic.
Call me old-fashioned but I like watching the Thanksgiving Day parade on TV. This year I plan to watch the Chicago’s 80th annual Thanksgiving Day Parade. Lots of real fun floats, bands, people and it’s closer to home.
What are your plans? If you don’t have family or friends nearby and you live in Northern Colorado, let me know and we can get together, eat turkey and make new memories!
- Thanksgiving: A day like no other! (margekatherine.com)
- Our time is limited: Find JOY BUBBLES! (margekatherine.com)
- Hundreds Take Part In Clown University For Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade (newyork.cbslocal.com)
- Thanksgiving Day Parades On The Second Screen (blogs.sap.com)
- July 4th: Full of Thanksgiving (margekatherine.com)
- Show me Chicago (http://www.chicagonow.com)
- I’ll pass on shopping on Thanksgiving and Black Friday too (dennishouse.wordpress.com)
- Thanksgiving Day Parade (tanseysandychronicles.wordpress.com)
- Children Ogle at Floats for Thanksgiving Day Parade (voanews.com)