Last week I discovered a road that I had never seen before – but I can assure you it was there all along. I drove east and went up hills and down until I came to a dairy farm during breakfast. The girls were just chattering away, munching, laughing and having the best time. They noticed me, nodded and continued with their grain. Perhaps if I stopped by a bit later they might have more time for me…
This past week Pam and I replaced the fill valve and the other thingy in my toilet tank. If you know anything about this (which I did not) … it means the entire tank has to come off, turned upside down, the screw has to come off (righty tighty, lefty loosey) and after a few more visits to the hardware store – the entire process is reversed and put back on. Ta Da! No leaks, no spills and best of all – the toilet works fine for the final price of $35.47.
I also found myself stopping the car to get a photo or two instead of doing it ‘later’.
I found that wearing a dress this week was almost easy compared to my experiment last week.
And I am looking for new opportunities to get out of my comfort zone. I SO wanted to hand off the toilet repairs to someone else but if my friend was willing to help me then by golly, I wasn’t going to say no. In fact, now we are the neighborhood experts (not sure if that’s a good thing or not …)
Words of Wisdom from Starbear:
The Gift: If you are doing the NoCZ Challenge or not ~ Print it out if you wish. Carry it with you, put it on the fridge. Remember to be patient with and kind to yourself and others as we take Baby Steps or leap into new territory…. and remember to laugh at the water’s edge! Jumping in – the water feels great!
- Discomfort Zone (NoCZ-2012) (mkmercurio.wordpress.com)
- Subconscious Movement ~ NoCZ-2012 (jackielrobinson.com)
- Launch andNoCZ-2012 Baby Steps (starbear.wordpress.com)
- Standing in the Sunshine: NoCZ-2012 (margekatherine.com)
- It came to me in a flash … (margekatherine.com)
- Freedom! NoCZ-2012 (ceceliafutch.wordpress.com)
- No Comfort Zone: Weekly Challenge 2012 (mkmercurio.wordpress.com)
- A River of Stones (purpleborough.wordpress.com)
- Don’t just challenge your comfort zone – expand it (jonasklitnielsen.com)\
- Comfort Zone Challenges (www.paigeburkes.com)