It’s been a week of standing in the sunshine and although at times I feel exposed – I also feel more alive.
Simple steps that take me from here to there are putting a grin on my face.
- Things that held me back were all self-induced and once I broke free – well, I see they were silly.
- Telling others about my blog – to them it was no big deal.
- Wearing a dress (TWO times this week) was fun.
- Changing my domain name was long overdue.
Cecilia at Inspired Vision wrote this:
Stretching myself with my photography this week was a lot of fun. Surprisingly my photography got better the more I was willing to experiment and post less than perfect shots. Maybe life is that way too. The more we reveal ourselves, step out of our comfort zone, laugh and get excited about our efforts and foibles, the more real we become. For this coming week I will continue to experiment with photography, but for the challenge I will push another boundary in another area of my life. Check back on Mondays to see how it’s going and what new things I’m discovering through the No Comfort Zone 2012.
The act of letting go and stepping away from our view of ourselves is liberating. A freedom descends and possibilities are opened. Have you noticed this too?
Outside this blog there are many challenges going on. Two that caught my attention are 52 Books in 52 Weeks and A River of Stones. A River of Stones asks us to notice something everyday and write it down. Nice and simple. 52 Books helps us set a reading goal and follow it.
Now I’m looking for the Monthly Hiking Challenge and the Laugh Till it Hurts Challenge … if you know where they are, let me know!
If you’re doing this challenge, leave a comment and I’ll link your blog to my page.
If you don’t have a blog, leave comments here so we can follow your progress and challenges! Hope you’re having fun along the way!
- Discomfort Zone (NoCZ-2012) (mkmercurio.wordpress.com)
- Coming Out of the Blogging Closet (margekatherine.com)
- Freedom! NoCZ-2012 (ceceliafutch.wordpress.com)
- Tweaking away the comfort… (margekatherine.com)