Visiting cemeteries in Ireland was as normal as visiting churches, pubs and gift shops. The history shared on the gravestones made you wonder about the babies and parents that died on the same day. Or the stones that included a poem, love story or gave location of where the person traveled.
Cemeteries are well-kept, the grass is trimmed and flowers are blooming. The Irish dead are revered today, as they were decades ago.
- Weekly Photos Challenge: Entrance (mkmercurio.wordpress.com)
- Weekly photo challenge: Entrance (3rdculturechildren.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Entrance (consumerjournaldotnet.wordpress.com)
- Revolutionizing The Gravestone (andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Entrance (judichow.wordpress.com)