My sister was at my table for dinner last night. It was a real treat because she was in NY and I was in Colorado. We were able to share stories, toast our drinks, laugh, and make plans. The only thing was I couldn’t reach across and taste her apple cobbler.
Have you used Skype yet? It’s the kind of technology that opens doors, windows and removes barriers. I can wish Happy Birthday to my sister in Ireland, watch the Discovery blast off with my brother in Florida or watch my niece make pizza for her family in NJ.
I can watch my family grow up, move to new places, celebrate accomplishments, and feel as if I’m there.
Skype is free. You need a camera and a microphone which most laptops already have.
If you use it, let me know what you think.
If you don’t you don’t know what you’re missing!
- What’s the hype about Skype?
- Dave Harm’s Blog about Skype
- Rumors of a possible Facebook Skype partnership persist (thenextweb.com)
- Skype Breaks Record with 29 Million Users Online (webpronews.com)
- Skype in the Classroom is Now Open (freetech4teachers.com)