Funny how doing something differently changes everything else.
This past week I decided to head to the basement within the first hour of returning from work. Normally I scarf down some food and read while I’m eating. This deviation from my normal routine was actually quite nice.
- Monday was spend jumping on my trampoline, cleaning things up, stretching and doing some laundry. When I returned upstairs it was after 7 pm. I was ready to settle down, read, eat and relax. Most important of all, I did something I haven’t done in a VERY long time – I took a long hot soak. After reading Joss commit to a week of taking baths and how it affected her, I wanted to be in that place again. I used to take baths all the time but now it’s an afterthought and one I usually skip. This week I committed to myself…
- Tuesday morning, I awoke and sat in the dark morning silence for a bit. That quiet time gave me time to remember my dreams and I took time to write them down. I’ve noticed that I’m having more dreams lately and by writing them down, I am inviting more into my world.
- Tuesday night was book club night, 7 women, wine, hot tea, lots of food, book discussion, life sharing, laughter… no need to go to the basement!
- Wednesday morning I was up early and sat in silence – then spent some time reading before I began my day. What an amazing effect that stillness has on my day. It transforms what lies ahead into the here and now. Oh so sweet!
- Wednesday evening was back in the basement, stretching and throwing darts.
- Thursday evening back in the basement, playing darts, jumping up and down, more darts, singing, lalala… That evening was another soak in the bathtub. The bath water scented with Hawaiian Coconut Sea Salt helped to slow me, ground me and calm me.
- Friday morning started off with a bit of reading in my quiet house.
- Friday night is group therapy at the local pub with 3 other girlfriends. It’s a fun way to end the week – sharing, connecting and getting caught up with each other over a beer and wings.
- Saturday morning was a solo hike up Rabbit Mountain. The changing sky kept my eyes facing up and the appreciation I felt toward the landscape multiplied. You all know how much I adore Colorado with so much sky, sun, mountain views and tons of reasons to be outside. Love, love, love!
- Sunday morning the wind was blowing like crazy but I don’t cancel a hike when it was I who suggested it! The sky was a blanket of gray clouds and we were dressed for the weather and off we went. It was a glorious hike filled with conversation, laughter, ideas, book suggestions and friendship it was an amazing way to begin a Sunday.
It was a great week for me and I especially loved the disruption I caused which helped change everything up. Taking baths was the best, followed by morning quiet time.
Spending so much time with me kept me from blogging and visiting you. I’ll work on that this week, ok?
Did you do something out of your comfort zone?
More to come …
- I did it again! (crowingcrone.wordpress.com)
- Day 52 – Desperately Seeking John Hughes (breakingtherubberband.wordpress.com)
- Small stones and comfort zones (quillfyre.wordpress.com)
- Things are happening here… NoCZ – 12 (margekatherine.com)
- We are who we choose to be: NoCZ-2012 (margekatherine.com)
- Standing in the Sunshine: NoCZ-2012 (margekatherine.com)